Blues crush Stars...Ovie scores, Caps, lose
UNDATED (AP) - The St. Louis Blues put an end to the Dallas Stars' six-game winning streak while improving to 16-3-3, the best 22-game start in team history.
Brian Elliott stopped 34 shots and six different Blues scored goals in a 6-1 rout of the Stars. T.J. Oshie had a goal and an assist for the Blues, who led 3-0 after Brenden Dillon and Vladimir Tarasenko scored nine seconds apart midway through the first period.
Elsewhere on ice:
- Phoenix suffered its first regulation home loss as Dustin Penner scored twice in Anaheim's 4-2 win over the Coyotes. Sami Vatanen had a power-play goal against the Coyotes, who were 9-0-2 at home.
- Andrew Shaw and Marcus Kruger scored nine seconds apart early in the third period to turn Chicago's 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 win at Vancouver. Corey Crawford made 36 saves as the Blackhawks stayed one point behind the West-leading Ducks.
- First-period goals by Scott Hannan and Tyler Kennedy sparked San Jose's 2-1 triumph against New Jersey. Antti Niemi stopped 18 shots and blanked the Devils until midway through the third period.
- Colorado beat Los Angeles 1-0 on Jamie McGinn's goal at 2:32 of overtime. Semyon Varlamov stopped 19 shots for the shutout, one day after he was charged with third-degree assault of his girlfriend.
- David Krejci scored 1:28 into overtime to lift surging Boston to a 3-2 win over Carolina. Reilly Smith and Zdeno Chara also scored for the Eastern Conference-leading Bruins, who improved to 7-1-2 in its last 10 games.
- Max Pacioretty scored twice and Carey Price made 29 saves in Montreal's third straight win, 3-2 over Pittsburgh. Tomas Plekanec and Pacioretty tallied 80 seconds apart to put the Canadiens ahead 3-0 early in the third period.
- Shootout goals by James van Riemsdyk and Joffrey Lupul allowed Toronto to pull out a 2-1 win against Washington. James Reimer turned back 49 shots and blanked the Capitals until Alex Ovechkin notched his league-high 20th goal of the season with 4:10 remaining.
- Charlie Coyle scored in the fourth round of the shootout to give Minnesota a 3-2 victory over Winnipeg. The Wild improved to 9-1-1 in November and dealt the Jets their fourth straight loss.
- Clarke MacArthur had two goals and Robin Lehner handled 34 shots as Ottawa doubled up Detroit 4-2. The game was tied 2-2 until Bobby Ryan and MacArthur scored power-play goals in the third period.
- Cam Talbot made 17 saves and the New York Rangers capped a 3-2 road trip by blanking Nashville 2-0. Mats Zuccarello assisted on goals by Ryan McDonagh and Derek Stepan.
- Matt Read scored the first and last goals in Philadelphia's 5-2 verdict over the New York Islanders. Wayne Simmonds and Claude Giroux each had a goal and an assist for the Flyers, who scored three times in the first four minutes of the second period to chase Kevin Poulin.